The objective of the Consumer Services and Communication Subcommittee (CSCS) is to strengthen the regional regulatory framework in so far as consumer services and communication issues are concerned.
The objective of the Human Resource Management Subcommittee is to examine and analyse the status of human capital interventions of RERA members with the view to identify commonalities, divergent practises, trends and other aspects that could hamper the effective utilisation, and development of the energy sector at national and regional level.
Scope of Work:
The CSCS is mandated to investigate and analyse the consistency between consumer services and communication in individual countries in matters related to the energy industry by doing the following:
- Consumer Services
Under consumer services, the Subcommittee shall:
- Review the status of consumer services in member countries;
- Develop, adopt and/or adapt guidelines of best practice, as the case maybe;
- Develop consumer friendly service techniques and systems such as:
- Consumer Charter/Bill of Rights;
- Complaints Procedure;
- Consumer Surveys;
- Stakeholder Surveys; and
- Quality of Service Standards.
- Evaluate the extent of compliance to regionally approved consumer service standards and methodologies.
Under communication, the Subcommittee shall:
- Review the communication and advocacy strategies;
- Benchmark communication and advocacy strategies/plans (using the approved strategies/plans);
- Develop, adopt and/or adapt based in Communication and Advocacy Strategies, as the case maybe; and
- Evaluate the extent of compliance to regionally approved communication and advocacy, policies and strategies/plans.
Main Initiatives in 2021:
Planned for implementation in 2021 include the following initiatives:
- Domesticate Consumer Protection Model
- Domesticate Communications Strategy for Member Regulators
- Implement RERA Survey recommendations
- Develop Model for Public Hearings